There’s still much more to do. But here’s a quick look at what we’ve achieved so far…
- Through our Thriving Communities programme, we’ve supported thousands of grassroots organisations. We funded 35 local projects that changed the lives of people experiencing loneliness, chronic illness, and mental health problems.
- Our Accelerating Innovation programme has brought together more than 90 national and regional organisations. We’re examining how social prescribing can tackle health inequalities. And we’ve found effective ways to connect the voluntary sector to the health system.
- We’ve recruited Social Prescribing Champions to spread the word about social prescribing across the NHS. Our network of Student Champions ensures social prescribing is supported by the health leaders of the future.
- We’ve worked with Social Prescribing Link Workers to create resources that evaluate and demonstrate the impact of their work.
- We’ve worked with some of the country’s leading academics to collate robust research and to identify gaps in evidence. Our evidence briefings show that social prescribing can have a positive impact in many ways. And that it can save costs for the NHS.
- We’ve generated huge interest in social prescribing across communities, industry, and Government.
- We’ve brought together colleagues in more than 20 countries to grow the Global Social Prescribing Alliance.
How we stay accountable
Our annual report includes a breakdown of how we have delivered on our mission. And how we have worked to meet the commitments set out in our strategic plan.