Social prescribing connects the health and care systems to community-based activities and support to address practical, emotional and social issues affecting patient’s health and wellbeing.
NASP is here to support ICSs to develop mature, integrated social prescribing and community approaches to health and wellbeing.
We offer free support to ICSs.
This may include:
- Strategic development and leadership support, including an assessment of the current provision, guidance on expanding social prescribing, engaging with senior leaders and support to connect to wider sectors via our national partnerships
- Advice and guidance on embedding link workers in integrated neighbourhood teams
- Planning and commissioning support, including sharing principles of best practice, development of business cases and guidance on measuring impact
- Data and digital support, including advice and guidance on data sharing and implementing the national social prescribing information standard
- Evidence and impact support, including guidance on developing realisation models, sharing research and evidence on social prescribing and guidance on ROI models
- Workforce development and clinical education support, including support with the Social Prescribing Champions scheme, workforce development strategic across local authorities and VCFSE sectors and support with local training
- Knowledge sharing support, with access to our expert senior advisors
To book an introductory meeting with a member of the team to discuss how we can support you, please email [email protected]
NASP also offers costed commissioned training and consultancy designed to support strategic commissioning, implementation, evaluation and research.