Supporting Link Workers
Link workers are integral to the delivery of social prescribing. You are the point of contact. The listening ear. The front-line facilitators who help people make meaningful changes towards better health and wellbeing.
What support does NASP offer  link workers?
As the charity that champions social prescribing, we’re working hard to answer your questions, to build new resources, and develop new evidence.
We want to provide all the support and guidance we can. To make your job as a link worker, or social prescriber, easier.
- If there’s anything you would like to ask the team at NASP
- If there’s something you’d like to see on this page that we haven’t covered
- If you have a question about social prescribing
- If you want to make meaningful connections…
Get in touch with us at [email protected]
Your Questions Answered
What support for link workers does NASP offer?
We are building a library of resources. And we can direct you to other organisations too.
- Read the Link Worker Induction Guide written by link workers for link workers. This resource is aimed at those new to the role and contains tips, checklists, video support, templates and guidance.
- Download the Mental Health and Money toolkit for health professionals. This toolkit was developed by Mental Health and Money Advice in partnership with NASP.
- Download the Workforce Development Framework for social prescribing link workers and their employers, is designed to help increase understanding of the link worker role. The Portfolio of Evidence (Annex B) is a supportive toolkit designed to evidence the depth of link workers and clinicians knowledge, skills and behaviours. The portfolio of evidence has been developed by NASP on behalf of NHS England.
- Download the Doctors of the World toolkit for social prescribing link workers – Supporting Migrants’ Access to Healthcare.
- Visit our evidence page to see how the research supports social prescribing
If you have a registered NHS email address, you can register to join the Future NHS Collaboration Platform. This is an online network for discussion and sharing of resources. It also features an online portfolio of evidence for social prescribing. Membership of the platform is open to link workers, Primary Care Networks and colleagues involved in social prescribing.
There are also a range of resources and information and services available through the National Association of Link Workers.
I’d like more help, and to connect with other link workers
You can join an online support network and download various useful resources on the Future NHS Collaboration Platform. Access their monthly webinars and their library of previous link worker training sessions.
You can visit the National Association of Link Workers website for more information and advice.
We're here to help you
We build partnerships, share resources and support your journey
Whether you’re a health professional or link worker, involved with a voluntary organisation, or here to find help for yourself or a loved one, we’ve advice and information that can help.