We’re working with the World Health Innovation Summit (WHIS), the World Health Organisation (WHO) and United Nations Global Sustainability Index Institute (UNSGII) to establish a Global Social Prescribing Alliance which aims to spread the word of social prescribing globally, linking this to the implementation of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The Alliance aims to raise awareness of social prescribing by forming alliances, work with others and share innovative approaches to “enable thriving communities to deliver a social revolution in their health and wellbeing while generating value”.
It will champion social prescribing and the work of local communities in connecting people by focusing on six main areas of work:
- creating a universal narrative for redefining health and wellbeing through ‘rethinking medicine’, ‘personalised care’, and ‘social prescribing’ in support of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 3, good health and wellbeing
- delivering clinical leadership through the development of a global network of clinical champions.
- creating innovative community development approaches focussed on existing assets and sustainable financial structures (economic model).
- implementing the building blocks for social prescribing and developing the four zones: arts, heritage and culture, nature, physical activity, advice.
- creating workforce solutions for healthcare institutions via new platforms.
- harnessing digital solutions to enhance information and meaning.
The Alliance was launched on the 25th February 2021 @1pm GMT – watch again with an address from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, the Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP.