Applications for the Social Prescribing Champion Programme are now closed
The Social Prescribing Champion Programme (SPCP) aims to develop a yearly cohort of multidisciplinary team members* across England, to promote the delivery of social prescribing (SP) across the health and social care sector. This will be achieved by expanding knowledge, providing learning opportunities for other health and care professionals, and by working with social prescribing link workers to develop solutions to emerging problems across community, primary, and secondary care in a locality.
- Raising awareness of Social Prescribing within the workplace
- Connecting with social prescribing link workers to co-design solutions to local challenges
- Supporting consistency of messaging on Social Prescribing
- Connecting multidisciplinary team members
- Supporting primary and secondary care collaboration for Social Prescribing
Who can be a Social Prescribing Champion?
The programme is open to all NHS staff, regardless of profession or seniority. This includes multidisciplinary team members, medical and nursing staff, allied healthcare professionals and those in non-clinical roles (such as discharge coordinators, general practice managers) with an interest in social prescribing and a passion for reaching others.