Thriving Communities webinar 25 January 2022, 3-4pm
‘We Are Undefeatable’ – overcoming barriers to physical activity and how social prescribing can be part of the solution.
When you think of physical activity you might picture running on a treadmill at the gym, going to an exercise class, or the dreaded goal of achieving 5 x 30 minutes of moderate exercise every week. In ‘We Are Undefeatable’ – Overcoming Barriers to Physical Activity and How Social Prescribing Can Be Part of the Solution we debunked the myths that surround how to get people to exercise more and looked at what recent studies have shown are the barriers and effective motivations to increased physical activity.
With the Richmond Group of Charities and their ‘We Are Undefeatable‘ campaign, our webinar explored how social prescribing can help anyone, but particularly those with long term conditions, to integrate physical activity into their daily lives, increasing both mental and physical wellbeing in the process.
Our speakers were Tracey Lines, National Lead for Physical Activity, National Academy for Social Prescribing and Michelle Roberts, Physical Activity and Health Programme Manager, The Richmond Group of Charities. The webinar discussed:
- Effective motivations to increased physical activity, and how to address the barriers
- Why the ‘what matters to you’ message at the heart of social prescribing is so important
- Practical resources to help individuals who are supporting others to increase physical activity
- The development of a theory of change and evaluation framework, supporting the community of practice
- The impact of COVID-19 on people’s physical activity levels
- The relationship between physical and mental wellbeing
- The simple things that can be done to improve and increase physical activity and exercise
Register for the Supporters Hub on the We Are Undefeatable website: Sign Up – We Are Undefeatable
Visit Physical Activity | therichmondgroup.co.uk (richmondgroupofcharities.org.uk) and sign up for the Richmond Group’s Movement For All Evaluation Report and Resource Pack Movement for All Resources Registration (office.com)
Active Partnerships https://www.activepartnerships.org/active-partnerships
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Activity Fund https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/our-funds/queens-platinum-jubilee-activity-fund
Sport England Together Fund https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/our-funds/together-fund#aboutthefund-15055