April 2021: Developing the Referral Pathway for Social Prescribing
Sarah Paine – Midlands Regional Lead
Philippa Buchanan – Inspirative Arts Director and Creative Expressive Specialist
In this webinar we heard from colleagues in the Midlands who are developing a model to support appropriate referrals to match people’s needs.
In this webinar we learned
- What social prescribing is and why the need is so great.
- How we can map skills and knowledge of providers with a way that captures the breadth offered and meets people’s needs.
- Navigating the language commissioners use.
- Creating support and supervision so that practitioners and clients feel physically and psychologically safe.
- The use of standardised assessment tools and monitoring tools, and how social prescribing offers more nuanced discussions.
- The person-centred approach and how it results in more appropriate referrals.
- The way appropriate referrals make the most of NHS provision.
- How the new model being piloted in the Midlands works.
- How you can get involved in the consultation process.
All of these factors create an innovative, sometimes complex, but also inspiring approach to personalised care.