The Accelerating Innovation in Social Prescribing Community of Practice brings together voluntary organisations with national reach, or ambitions to have national reach, who can support social prescribing provision, help address health inequalities, and aid COVID-19 recovery strategies.
It helps national voluntary organisations to develop their offers, connect to health and care systems, and local communities to make sure they complement each other and make the most of their respective assets and skills.
It works together with national policy makers, VCSE umbrella and membership organisations, researchers, health commissioners and local partners to develop new programmes, partnerships and activities for social prescribing.
How do I join?
To apply, fill in the registration form by 3 October.
We’d love to hear about you and your social prescribing ideas, as well as what you’d like support with and what you can offer the Community of Practice.
What’s on offer?
As a member of the community, you will be invited to:
- Join monthly webinars and events on topics related to social prescribing,
- Take part in other opportunities to network and collaborate
- Share your experience with others, and learn from your peers and other experts
- Suggest topics, speakers and other content to help make learning opportunities as useful to you as possible
- Join Innovation Working Groups where organisations will combine their skills and experience to develop social prescribing offers and programmes. Additional expert help will be provided through the Programme.
The Community of Practice events and webinars will take around 2 hours a month. If you join an Innovation Working Group, you’ll be expected to contribute around 8 hours a month for a period of up to six months.